IPG Photonics (Canada) is looking for a LabVIEW developer to join a small, agile team. Our products are used to provide quality assurance for high-power industrial laser processing applications in advanced manufacturing environments. This position will involve developing new features for our software suite, prototyping customer applications and performing various types of quality assurance on the hardware and software we provide.
Note: As of December 2017, Laser Depth Dynamics was acquired by IPG Photonics and has become IPG Photonics (Canada) where we will become IPG’s new center of product development for weld monitoring solutions.
- Experience in developing applications in LabVIEW (training and experience equivalent to CLD or CLA level)
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- Experience collaborating on software projects with other developers an asset
- Capacity for customer-facing interactions an asset
- Experience with LabVIEW IMAQ, and DAQmx preferred
- Experience with various communication protocols (RS232, TCP/IP, etc…)
- Experience with version control, unit testing and issue tracking
- Experience with system integration testing
- Experience with generating design documents for customer facing designs and for implementation designs.
- C++ and CUDA experience an asset
- Develop product features in LabVIEW
- Prototype new applications
- Provide stress testing, benchmark testing and software QA
- Create and maintain customer-facing documentation
Must be authorized to work in Canada, have a valid passport and be eligible and willing to travel to US and EU countries.
Please send inquiries and applications to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.