IPG Photonics (Canada) is looking for a Software Tester to join a small, agile team. Our products are used to provide quality assurance for high-power industrial laser processing applications in advanced manufacturing environments. This position will involve developing new features for our software suite, prototyping customer applications and performing various types of quality assurance on the hardware and software we provide.
The correct individual for this role will view themselves as the representative of the customer to ensure that we deliver the best product possible. The candidate will be directly responsible for preventing issues from reaching our customers, and will help to improve the efficiency of the team. A successful candidate will be quality-focused, passionate, a quick-learner, self-motivated, analytical, detail-oriented, and ready to become a key contributor within a short time. If you have a desire to make a positive impact to the company bottom line in a cross-functional team setting, this is the place for you.
Note: As of December 2017, Laser Depth Dynamics was acquired by IPG Photonics and has become IPG Photonics (Canada) where we will become IPG’s new center of product development for weld monitoring solutions.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other STEM background with demonstrated experience writing software.
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills
- Experience with version control, unit testing and issue tracking
- Experience collaborating on software projects with other developers an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and as part of a team, completing tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience with generating design documents for customer facing designs and for implementation designs.
Specifically, the candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that there are no ambiguous or unstated requirements for the software
- Ensuring the product meets all stated requirements
- Creating automated test cases to ensure the software meets the requirements
- Performing system integration testing
- Performing timing testing
- Testing user interface design, function and usability
- Develop, maintain and execute test plans and test scripts
- Reviewing submitted bug reports, collecting any additional required information to recreate the bug.
- Verifying the bugs exist and verify they are properly fixed
- Creating and updating customer facing documentation
- Maintaining internal documentation
Must be authorized to work in Canada, have a valid passport and be eligible and willing to travel to US and EU countries.
Please send inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.