Laser Depth Dynamics is an early stage company located in Kingston, Ontario. Our products are used to provide quality assurance for high power industrial laser processing applications in advanced manufacturing environments. Our products allow our customers in automotive, aerospace and other industries to directly measure the quality of laser welds and other laser processes for each and every part that they create with our system.
The correct individual for this role will view themselves as the representative of the customer to ensure that we are delivering the best product we can to them. The candidate will be directly responsible in helping prevent issues from reaching our customers and will help to improve the efficiency of the team.
In this role you will be able to apply the mastery of software engineering to design, influence and drive quality and testability of the end to end experience. This position requires an individual who is passionate about quality and working with cross-functional teams.
Successful candidate will be quality focused, passionate, quick-learner, self-motivated, analytical, detail-oriented, and ready to become a key contributor in short time. If you have a passion and desire to make a positive impact to the company bottom line in cross functional team setting, this is the place for you.
We are looking for individuals who can embody the entrepreneurial culture of our company. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and will be looking to grow within our organization as Laser Depth Dynamics grows.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other STEM background with demonstrated experience writing software.
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills
- Experience with version control, unit testing and issue tracking
- Experience collaborating on software projects with other developers an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and as part of a team, completing tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience with generating design documents for customer facing designs and for implementation designs.
Specifically, the candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that there are no ambiguous or unstated requirements for the software
- Ensuring the product meets all stated requirements
- Creating automated test cases to ensure the software meets the requirements
- Performing system integration testing
- Performing timing testing
- Testing user interface design, function and usability
- Develop, maintain and execute test plans and test scripts
- Reviewing submitted bug reports, collecting any additional required information to recreate the bug.
- Verifying the bugs exist and verify they are properly fixed
- Creating and updating customer facing documentation
- Maintaining internal documentation