Technical Sales and Support
Laser Depth Dynamics is a fast-growing company producing a cutting-edge, market-disrupting sensor technology for laser processing. Our systems are used in automotive, aerospace, and R&D applications around the globe. Our product integrates with high-power laser welding systems and sophisticated robotic automation on assembly lines.
We’re seeking a new member of our sales/support team. This customer-facing role will involve sales, on-site support, and customer training for LDD’s inline coherent imaging systems. Duties will include installation, troubleshooting, and repair of optical equipment at customer sites. Strong preference will be given to candidates with a background in physics or engineering with experimental experience and/or previous field support experience with sophisticated industrial automation equipment. Candidates should be outgoing, comfortable giving presentations on technical material, and able to work without supervision.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with a background in physics or engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidates should be outgoing and comfortable giving presentations on technical material.
- Must be comfortable with basic digital and analog signalling
- Strong preference to candidates with previous experience in: field support, optics, robotics and other industrial automation equipment.
Specifically, the candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Educating customers about what our products can do and how to use them.
- Collecting requirements for the customer’s applications and ensuring mechanical, electrical and optical compatibility.
- Demonstrating our products on test samples and customer samples.
- Performing installations at customer sites.
- Troubleshooting system configuration, setup and communication.
- Creating white papers and technical marketing documents.
- Providing training and giving sales presentations.