Electronics and Production Technician
IPG Photonics (Canada) is looking for an Electronic and Production Technician to join our team. Our products are used to provide quality assurance for high power industrial laser processing applications in advanced manufacturing environments.
This position will involve a variety of electronic, optical, and mechanical assembly tasks, as well as quality assurance and systems testing. Additionally, this position will be responsible for shipping and receiving and inventory management. The position is ideally suited to graduates of engineering technology programs with a focus in electrical, instrumentation, robotics, or systems integration work.
Note: As of December 2017, Laser Depth Dynamics was acquired by IPG Photonics and has become IPG Photonics (Canada) where we will become IPG’s new center of product development for weld monitoring solutions.
- Post-secondary degree or technical certificate in electronics or a related field.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Basic ability to interpret electrical and mechanical technical drawings.
- Experience with wiring, soldering, and standard electrical test equipment.
- Ability to conduct telephone & in-person conversations in a professional manner.
- Detail-oriented worker able to perform precision tasks independently.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate records of system builds and inventories
- Build mixed electrical, optical, and mechanical systems.
- Perform quality assurance testing on completed equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of the production process.
- Manage shipping and receiving
- Manage inventory
- Perform basic maintenance tasks
- General shop cleanliness
- General Maintenance
Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Please send inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.