Laser Depth Dynamics (LDD) is looking for electronics and systems technologists to join our team. LDD is an early stage company located in Kingston, Ontario. Our products are used to provide quality assurance for high power industrial laser processing applications in advanced manufacturing environments.
This position will involve a variety of electronic, optical, and mechanical assembly tasks, as well as quality assurance and systems testing. The position is ideally suited to graduates of engineering technology programs with a focus in electrical, instrumentation, robotics, or systems integration work.
We are looking for individuals who can embody the entrepreneurial culture of our company by demonstrating initiative and are looking to grow with our organization.
- Post-secondary degree or technical certificate in electronics or a related field.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Basic ability to interpret electrical and mechanical technical drawings.
- Experience with wiring, soldering, and standard electrical test equipment.
- Ability to conduct telephone & in-person conversations in a professional manner.
- Detail-oriented worker able to perform precision tasks independently.
- A commitment towards persistent personal and technical skills development.
- Canadian work authorization and the ability to obtain a Canadian or US Passport.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following qualifications & qualities
- Hands-on experience with the product design, development, prototyping, production, and testing process (eg. design team work).
- Experience with industrial control systems, PLCs, robots, embedded controllers, fieldbus interfaces, and/or networking protocols.
- C.E.T. or C.Tech (OACETT) designation, or on track to receive designation
- Oral and/or written skill in German, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese
- Build mixed electrical, optical, and mechanical systems.
- Perform quality assurance testing on completed equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of the production process.
- Assist with set-up and maintenance of laboratory automation systems.
- Provide feedback to engineering to help facilitate ongoing hardware design and manufacturing process improvements.