IPG Photonics (Canada) has an opening for an experienced Optomechanical Engineer to be part of a small, cohesive group developing laser beam delivery systems and components. The position offers the opportunity to work in small, multi-disciplinary teams, close to the technology, and have the support of a global, growing company. Responsibilities will include developing precision optical, opto-mechanical, and electro-mechanical components used in laser systems. This is a challenging, hands-on role utilizing a broad range of skills with complete product development exposure.
Note: As of December 2017, Laser Depth Dynamics was acquired by IPG Photonics and has become IPG Photonics (Canada) where we will become IPG’s new center of product development for weld monitoring solutions.
- Minimum B.Eng or B.A.Sc required
- 2+ years experience in optical scanning systems, laser processing heads, medical opto-mech devices and systems, optical storage drives, or other related precision mechanical field
- SolidWorks proficiency
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Experience with Zemax
- Familiarity with athermal optical & optomechanical design techniques
- Functional knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes
- Efficient design and development organizational skills
- Experience with dynamic / motorized optomechanical systems is an asset
- Design and development of laser beam delivery components, systems, and related support & test equipment.
- Design from concept to final product including Layouts, Details, BOMs, Procedures and Test Plans.
- Build and validate prototypes, including pre-production and production qualification testing.
- Create and execute tests, calibration procedures, and tooling for design verification/validation.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs.
- Design for manufacturing, including communication with suppliers.
- Create and release production support documentation.
- Support field installations.
- Support NRTL & compliance testing.
- Technical support of patent filings, intellectual property & product documentation, etc.
- Project status reporting.
Must be authorized to work in Canada, have a valid passport and be eligible and willing to travel to US and EU countries.
Please send inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.