R&D Scientist (Sensors)
IPG Photonics (Canada) produces a cutting-edge, market-disrupting sensor technology for laser processing. Our systems are used in automotive, aerospace, and R&D applications around the globe. Our product integrates with high-power laser welding systems and sophisticated robotic automation on assembly lines.
We’re seeking a new member of our R&D team. This role will involve the design and development of new sensors for industrial manufacturing.
Note: As of December 2017, Laser Depth Dynamics was acquired by IPG Photonics and has become IPG Photonics (Canada) where we will become IPG’s new center of product development for weld monitoring solutions.
- Ph.D. in Science and/or Engineering required, or 5+ years of directly-related industry experience at the scientist level.
- Strong experimental skills related to the development
- Working knowledge of data acquisition software, such as LabVIEW
- Experience with:
- Optical and laser characterization
- Imaging technologies and analysis
- MatLab experience (or similar computational tools)
- Good aptitude for all aspects of optical engineering
- Proven ability for innovations
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Design, develop, and test all aspects of coupled electrical, optical and mechanical systems.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of novel imaging architectures.
- Create IP to protect and support current and future IPG product offerings.
- Provide reports, and work in a scheduled, product-development oriented environment.
- Development of measurement methodology, algorithms and protocols, measurement and characterization tests
Must be authorized to work in Canada, have a valid passport and be eligible and willing to travel to US and EU countries.
Please send inquiries and applications to email@example.com. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.