Precise, high-speed, in-process laser depth measurements
LDD’s patented inline coherent imaging (ICI) technology sets a new gold standard in laser process monitoring. Working through your existing laser head optics, an LDD instrument can provide accurate measurements of the depth of penetration for almost any laser process. ICI is immune to interference from the process beam, plasma and other sources, yielding high-quality depth data even while the laser is operating.
- LDD Hails the Winners of the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics
- Visit LDD at FABTECH 2015
- ILS Webcast on LDD’s Inline Coherent Imaging Technology
- LDD’s ICI technology featured in ILS Web Exclusive
- LDD’s new seam tracking technology is demonstrated
- LDD visits FABTECH 2014 in Atlanta
- ICI technology featured in the journal Optics Letters
- ICI featured in new paper published in STWJ
Laser Depth Dynamics technology provides powerful capabilities for your production line, applications lab or research centre:
- QA/QC decision-making using direct measurements of the actual depth of every laser weld.
- Feedback control to ensure your laser process hits exactly the depth you specify.
- Weld dynamics imaging with an unprecedented view of the inside of the keyhole.
- Height following / autofocus through your existing laser head optics, with no external sensors.
- Ablation control allowing direct-from-CAD micromachining.
- 3D imaging through the laser head, including alignment, seam tracking, 3D microscopy, surface profiling and more.
- Many more capabilities – contact us for details.
A world leader in laser process monitoring
Whether your application involves welding, ablation, cutting, drilling, or any other depth-sensitive laser processing task, Laser Depth Dynamics can provide the high-speed, high-resolution, real-time information you need.